The Smart Card Alliance will be hosting a day-long workshop at ISC West entitled “Learn to Leverage Mobile Devices in Physical and Logical Access Security.” The event will take place on April 9 from 8:30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. PT at the Sands Convention Center in Las Vegas.
Attendees will learn more about new uses for mobile devices, including using devices for digital identity credentials and for physical access. During the interactive workshop, presenters will delve into how to securely provision mobile devices and discuss different data storage models and use cases for mobile credentials. This will cover both commercial (CIV and PIV-I) and government (PIV) identity applications.
Session topics will include:
- Mobile Devices as Identity Platforms
- The Anatomy of a Mobile Device
- Fundamentals of Near Field Communication (NFC)
- Provisioning Mobile Devices and Identity Credentials
- Commercial Identity Verification (CIV) Credentials on Mobile Devices
- Personal Identity Verification (PIV) and PIV-Interoperable Credentials on Mobile Devices
- Logical Access Use Cases for Identity Credentials on Mobile Devices
- Physical Access Use Cases for Identity Credentials on Mobile Devices
- Mobile Identity Best Practices Panel
Interested parties can register through the Smart Card Alliance’s website.