The U.S. Department of Commerce and the National Institute of Standards and Technology have announced the first meeting to discuss the National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cyberspace. The meeting will take place June 9 and 10 at the Grand Hyatt Washington, 1000 H St NW, Washington, DC.
The Commerce Department will release a Notice of Inquiry seeking comment on the requirements of and possible models for the NSTIC steering group models. This workshop will provide the opportunity for discussion and clarification of the notice.
Workshop goals include:
- Provide participants with a better understanding of the role of governance in the identity ecosystem
- Create a foundation of understanding and clarity in regards to the notice and response expectations
- Identify focus areas and collaborate upon potential models/structures of governance
- Express requirements for the steering group from the government’s perspective
- Hear and understand requirements for the steering group from attendees’ perspectives
- Collaborate and build an understanding of the government’s role in establishing the steering body