Reportlinker.com released research entitled “The Global Secure USB Token Market 2010,” which suggests that secure USB tokens have finally taken hold in a market where smart cards once ruled the roost.
Now, they may be deployed in a format much easier for PC users. USB tokens are used all across the industry in a variety of mediums including E-government, online banking and enterprise.
The growth of USB tokens are accelerating across all fronts, and by 2014, there is predicted to be a 74.2% rate of sales in the secure mass storage and online banking arena.
The report suggests that secure USB tokens are used in a variety of market segments:
- Secure mass storage brings users high storage capacities, along with security,
- Enterprise security allows IT managers to run a global security policy, by equipping employees with secure USB tokens,
- Online banking provides security in Internet banking, which is now highly required as passwords, and static methods have proved to be easily defeated,
- E-government is a global trend started with e-passports and e-IDs, secure USB tokens bring a convenient form factor for remote citizen authentication,
- Transport is where secure USB tokens bring the convenience on contactless communications with the ability for end users to connect the device on their own PC.
Find the report here.