AeroScout’s new Wi-Fi tags are all spruced up for the market – the company’s latest, the T3 Tag, boasts “Seamless indoor and outdoor reliability,” “choke point” detection capabilities, and tamper proofing mechanisms for theft prevention.
Looks wise, the active RFID asset tracker is flat, consumes little power, and is much more streamlined.
Or so we hear.
AeroScout’s T3 Series Wi-Fi-Based Active RFID Tag Designed for Form, Functionality and Flexibility
February 27, 2007
AeroScout Inc., a leading provider of Wi-Fi-based Active RFID solutions, has launched the AeroScout T3 Tag for asset and people tracking and real-time location solutions. The T3 Tag combines the benefits of AeroScout’s asset tracking capabilities with a new streamlined, flat shape, low power consumption, and advanced capabilities to meet a wide variety of customer needs.
Key features of the new AeroScout T3 Tag include:
- Small, size – the new “credit card” rugged form factor easily attaches to a variety of compact equipment, including medical devices, IT equipment, containers, manufacturing machinery and vehicles. Its low profile makes it ideal for people tracking, as it can be easily clipped onto a standard badge clip or one of several other mounting options.
- Efficient power consumption – the T3 tag utilizes AeroScout’s low-power communication method, providing the most efficient use of battery life of any tag currently on the market. Despite the tag’s small form factor, it provides up to 4 years of battery life with a replaceable battery. In addition, the tag’s built-in motion sensor intelligently conserves battery life in the field.
- Seamless indoor-outdoor reliability – AeroScout offers Wi-Fi tags to provide integrated RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indication) and TDOA (Time Difference of Arrival) location options, providing the unique ability to function seamlessly and accurately in any environment, whether indoors or outdoors.
- Choke point detection capabilities – unlike other Wi-Fi tags, the T3 includes a built-in “choke-point” mechanism, enabling the tag to be triggered precisely at doorways, gateways or enclosed areas. This enables highly reliable and accurate room-level, shelf-level or gate-level tag detection, as well as precise real-time alerts through the AeroScout MobileView enterprise software.
- Tamper-proofing – an advanced tamper-proofing mechanism for security and theft prevention. This triggers an immediate alert if the tag is removed or tampered with in any way.